Sunday, February 3, 2019

The Best of Ben

Written by Nikki

This week on February 9th Benjamin will celebrate his 25th birthday!
So I want to celebrate him!
He has always been a gentle and kind young boy and
he's grown into a gentle and kind man!
I don't know many people that could handle the up and down health trials that he has and do it with as much optimism, joy and dignity. 
He really is an example to me of finding joy in the journey.





Fun facts about Ben:
*  Loves the outdoors
*  Loves to tease
*  Rides a street motorcycle
*  Speaks Spanish
*  Surprisingly good at Just Dance
*  He's a scaredy cat 
*  Loves Grape Juice
*  He's Tenderhearted
*  Likes Funyuns
*  Loves Baseball
*  He's a good shot
*  He was in a production of the Nutcracker (as a favor to his sisters) That's brotherly love!
*  Uncle Ben
*  Loves the Canadian Rockies
*  Loves fishing
*  Served a mission to Indianapolis, Indiana
*  History Buff
*  Spouts off random facts... That are actually true.
*  Is a CNA with goal of being an NP
*  Sometimes answers to Stud Muffin
*  Loves Loves Loves Hiking
*  Likes to watch Food Network, especially when he can't eat food.
*  Likes to give dating advice to his younger sister. ;)

Prepare yourself for Photo overload! :)



























We LOVE you Benjamin!
We're grateful your our son, brother and uncle. 
Happy Birthday!!

Ohio/Transplant Update:  We have passed the 6 month mark.  When that day came and went,  I will not lie I was discouraged.  I have had a hard time getting my groove back.  I always want to be 100% honest about how I feel.  It's really hard being separated from my home and the rest of my family, especially my husband, but as a mom this is where I belong and there is nowhere else I would be.  I felt my first -22 degrees, and dang that is cold!!  Benjamin experienced a polar vortex on the mission so it wasn't his first experience with this kind of cold! 

Benjamin's health continues to stay steady.  He still has good days and bad days as far as his energy and how his stomach feels, but you will rarely hear him complain about anything.  He stays as busy as he can.  Some of the things he really enjoys are teaching with the full time missionaries, being involved in the YSA ward, going out with friends and visiting the Senior missionaries at the Kirtland Historic Site.  

We continue to prayerfully wait for the phone call that will change everything.  Even when we feel discouraged we have faith in Heavenly Fathers plan for us.  We are here in Ohio, in this place at this time for a reason, and we will continue to be prayerful that we might serve the lord and the people we come in contact with in any way we can. We are so grateful for all of those who continually serve and support our family both in Utah and here in Ohio.  So many have given of themselves for us and we feel so much love and gratitude daily. 

Mosiah 24:14-15 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions

And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord. 

Ether 12:27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. 

3 comments:

  1. He is such a great young man! A true gift to your family and a blessing to all who know him! This is a beautiful post! A very Happy Birthday to Ben! ❤️ ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....singing Happy B'day 2 this amazing young man! You are all so cheerfully patient. Love the scriptures that give you strength.

    ReplyDelete